The workplace challenge: Improve connectivity to increase productivity
Today’s modern, and busy workplaces are a mess. Desks are piled high with paperwork, information is scattered, not just in hard-copy form but also in digital form across different networks and drives. This all results in disjointed processes, time spent searching for information, and a unnecessarily high percentage of staff time being wasted on admin tasks.
But what do we all do about it? Well, it’s human nature to make it work! We put up with it and find ways to make the situation work for us so we can move on to the next important task that needs to be done yesterday.
More often than not the main challenges arise from a multi-step process, where multiple people are involved, and where there is a lot of manual intervention involved.
Since the early days of ConnectKey® in 2013, it has been crafted and developed to become your personal workplace assistant and it is now envisaged that Xerox® MFPs powered by ConnectKey® will do for the workplace what smartphones have done for our personal lives.
• Directly connecting you to the systems you need most.
• Keeping you constantly connected to those systems.
Working very much like the Apps we have on our smartphones, ConnectKey® will revolutionise that way we work with print technology in a similar way to how we now connect and transact with banks.
The result will be a better controlled workplace including:
• Increased efficiencies
• Cost reductions
• Profit increase
• Office automation
• Happier employees
The transformation has been enabled via smart hardware, consistent software architecture with an Open Platform to enable development by all, and by creating a platform for “turnkey” or customised solutions.
The ConnectKey® Ecosystem
Xerox® ConnectKey® Technology - VersaLink® and AltaLink® Families
VersaLink® - Ideal for distributed environments and a small number of users per device.
AltaLink® - Ideal for centralised usage such as large workgroups.
The Xerox® ConnectKey® Key Attributes:
1) Intuitive user experience
The re-engineered user interface delivers a “mobile device” experience.
Large capacity touch-screens enable tap, swipe, and scroll – just as you would expect from a smart device.
Completely customisable user interface for maximising workplace productivity.
2) Mobile and Cloud ready
User-Installable cloud connectors.
Accessible from the Xerox® App Gallery.
Mobility basic printing to enterprise solutions.
3) Benchmark security
Comprehensive features to keep printers and data safe.
Intrusion prevention - safeguard access and data transmission to the device.
Device detection - Verification to alert against harmful changes to system firmware.
Document and data protection - lockdown security from unauthorised disclosure of information.
External partnerships - Highest security standards with McAfee, and industry certifications.
VersaLink® adds Security Setup Wizards Firmware with intuitive settings.
AltaLink® adds Security Firmware that is continuously checked with whitelisting protection from McAfee.
4) Enables next generation of services
Fleet-Wide Applications including: Secure card authentication; Device cloning for faster fleet deployment; Remote configuration; Usage, billing, status, and meter reads; Sustainability tools.
5) Gateway to new possibilities
Improve everyday work processes that cause businesses to slow down and operate inefficiently, i.e.:
• Patient records
• Visa Applications
• Finance Agreements
• Document Archiving
• Loans Processing
• Contract Processing
• Legal Documents
• Invoice Processing
Ne levels of flexibility, efficiency and possibility are available to your workforce through Xerox® native apps, and those available on the Xerox® App Gallery
Xerox® native apps simplify print, scan and copy functions, as well as providing access to contact lists and frequently used locations.
The apps downloaded from the Xerox® App Gallery allow users to download servers apps such as Print from Dropbox™ and Scan to Microsoft® Office 365 directly from the user interface. You now have unlimited opportunities to streamline processes and improve your productivity with more sophisticated levels of customisation to automate your unique workflow requirements.
Cloud Connection and EIP - In addition the Xerox Extensible Interface Platform® (EIP) allows partners and independent software developers to offer solutions for document management, workflow automation, and security and accounting.
Xerox® Easy Translator Service - Scan a document and immediately receive a translated print and/or email notification. 44 languages currently available.
What BLI said:
"According to our analysis, Xerox offers an unmatched portfolio of both first-party and third-party software solutions. Xerox also had the best showing in several key software categories."
Introducing VersaLink® - The perfect Workplace Assistant for small businesses
19 solutions-enabled “Best in class” offerings, including 12 new A4 products.
The perfect assistant for every small business
Effortless and Productive
• Installation wizards guide non-technical users through setup
• Preview scans and faxes right at the user interface
• Quickly make scanned documents searchable with built-in OCR capability
• Directly access cloud services— DropboxTM, Google DriveTM, OneDrive®
• Work from all your devices with the latest mobile technologies
• Connect over the wire, wirelessly or directly with concurrent connectivity
Make It Yours
• Easily personalise the user interface—for every user
• 5-inch or 7-inch, familiar, intuitive interfaces
• Expand capability with the Xerox App Gallery—today and tomorrow
Introducing AltaLink® - A Smart Workplace Assistant for medium to large workgroups
10 products that refresh the mid-range portfolio. Faster boot times and a single pass duplex scanner. “Best in class” security for complete protection from internal and external threats.
The smart workplace assistant for medium and large workgroups
Smart and Productive
• Unique user experience—customise the 10-inch screen, simplify repetitive tasks, speed through common workflows
• Connect the way you work—Wired, WiFi®, WiFi Direct®, NFC and Cloud
• Apps and Solutions for every business—from enterprise-wide solutions to serverless apps from the Xerox App Gallery
Powerful and Scalable
• Build your device configuration for simple to the most demanding office applications
• Scan, print and fax simultaneously for multitasking at peak times
• Provide interactive training and support right from your PC with Remote User Interface
• Proactive security includes whitelisting technology by McAfee
• Safeguard device data with highest levels of encryption
• Secure access with integrated RFID card reader and support for over 90 authentication cards